Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dec. 21, 2011

My first week has been good I'm learning alot here and can bear my testimony and pray in dutch. Cool huh?! We have two Dutch instructors who served with the same mission president we'll have. The first day they spoke to us in nothing but Dutch, intense! But I can tell that the Spirit is assisting us with learning because I can actually understand maybe 1/3 of what is said and can reply, so considering that I don't really even know the language I'd say that's pretty good!! Also, my companions and I have already taught three lessons in Dutch to an investigator and we have our fourth lesson tonight. The investigators name in Kees (pronounced case) and he is from the Netherlands. It's stressful trying to teach someone in a language we don't know, but the Lord blesses us for our endeavors and we're actually able to understand one another, at least generally. I am where I am supposed to be and doing the Lord's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment