Monday, October 8, 2012

These emails don't adequately provide me with means to convey my love for all of you and my joy in the gospel of Jesus Christ


That said, I'll do my best with what I've got :) 

Wasn't conference amazing? I feel spiritually filled and yet somehow crave more! Isn't so cool to live in the latter-days when we again have a prophet here on earth and are able to receive continuing revelation?! Can you believe it, 18-yr-old elders and 19-yr-old sisters!! AH! I was so excited (and still am) that I could cry! My immediate thoughts when I heard this announcement were first of Cory and then of Mary. Daarna, a flood of thoughts came upon me and I had trouble concentrating on the following talks. Haha I can't help it, I love missionary work! To quote from an email I just sent Melissa, "This is so great, just think that's four years more worth of endowed members of the church. What a powerful source of righteousness (D&C 43:16)! Also, I can imagine for a significant amount of young men and young women this is going to have a serious affect on their focus in high school. The gap between the wicked and the righteous is widening making those who are righteous more defined and distinguished. It's like the gulf in Lehi's Dream. No wonder the youth theme for this year was "Arise and Shine Forth." 

Verily I say unto you all: aArise and shine forth, that thy blight may be a cstandard for the dnations;

A standard for the nations, yeah!!! What an exciting dispensation we live in!" The army of Helaman just got some more recruits! Oh man, let's flood the world with some truth!! I wish that I could type out all my notes from conference but considering that it has taken me a few hours to review them and I'm not even done, I think it's safe to say that my typing them is out of the question. Just know that my testimony has been strengthened and I have an even greater resolve to do the Lord's will and better follow the promptings of the spirit I receive from Him without delay. One of the promptings I received this weekend was to write letters to a few specific people, so expect some letters soon :)

I love you all A LOT. Sometimes that love tries to trick me into thinking that I'm homesick, but no worries, it's just an illusion :)  However, I am really excited for our reunion heirna (Alma 17:1-4 and Alma 27:16-18). 

Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment