Monday, January 28, 2013

Jan. 20th


This last week here has been pretty fun. We've had a TON of snow which makes biking fun/interesting/occasionally miserable, but people are generally more willing to let us into their homes because of the weather so that's a plus :) Well...most of the time. Haha we had a run in with a very interesting woman this week who let us in, got us some warm drinks and cookies, and then proceeded to try to convert us to her religion by singing us songs in a warbling old lady voice. We weren't converted. She gifted us bibles before we left and when we explained we had some she told us these were the right ones...hahaha they include some psalms set to music in the back. She did accept a Book of Mormon from us so that was good, but when we tried to explain about prophets she didn't really want to listen. Before we left she prayed for our souls :) It's a nice thought.
She isn't the first person to pray for our souls or try to convert us this week though. We had an appointment with a very nice young couple who after we had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation explained their very dreary and debilitating view of life. They didn't convert us either. We do have a return appointment with them though so maybe we'll get them :) They read a TON from the Book of Mormon each week so that's positive.
Other great things that happened this week are that Saturday our friend Marco was baptized! He's the guy who just got married a few weeks ago so he could get baptized on date. Then Sunday not only was he confirmed, but he also was ordained a priest! He and his sweet wife have plans to go to the temple in a year. We have two other friends we're working closely with right now to be baptized next month, and then there are about 5 or so others we're teaching who are still making the decision. Exciting! I feel really blessed that the Lord is so willing to let me be a part of His work. Sometimes I feel like despite my efforts to help Him out, He still ends up doing most of the work, that's definitely the case with Marco, but like I said, I am grateful He lets me be a part of it. I'm trying really hard to work on developing the attributes of Christ so I can better represent Him, but it's not the easiest process. This last week my companion and I were reading in 1 Nephi 17 and as we read I realized my attitude towards work was starting to veer more towards that and Laman and Lemuel, YIKES!! After that study I was definitely humbled and changed my disposition. Well, I'm working on it anyways.
Because of our current weather/last nights snow storm, we had to do our email in a new place today, and the computer is trying to shut me out, so I will talk to you all next week! I love you and hope you are all happy and well!

Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment