Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jan. 13, 2013

lds.org


YOU
 As far as missionary work goes this week, it was a week full of some incredible ups, but also pretty low downs. But at our district meetings/interviews this week, President Robinson said that he doesn't remember any of the low points from his mission, only the high points and that it is only in reading through his mission journal that he recollects any of the low points, so that's encouraging. That said, I'd like to share some really great experiences Zuster Raun and I enjoyed this last week:
Tuesday. The whole day was magical! After our morning studies we biked to this adorable little village to look up a potential investigator. On the way we saw an old molen (windmill) in the tuin (yard) of the cutest cottage ever. I am a huge fan of knocking on the doors of cute homes so we parked our bikes and ended up getting permission to explore the windmill and then hearing the history of the windmill. In turn we shared our knowledge of beautiful buildings (temples) and had a lovely conversation with this elderly Dutch woman about church. She wasn't interested in making an appointment to learn more, but she was a sweetheart which is a lot more enjoyable of a rejection. Later in the day we went to follow-up with a few other potential investigators and ending up being invited into two homes, teaching an entire Restoration lesson to one of the families, and setting-up a return appointment! It was awesome. 
Wednesday. We got to see other missionaries, hear miracle stories and learn from their examples, have interviews with President and Zuster Robinson, and do service. 
Thursday. One of our friends got his baptismal interview and is now ready to get baptized on Saturday! Yeah!!
Friday. Our housemates showered up with their love in the form of American pancakes with maple syrup (my first since being here!), freshly squeezed orange juice, smoothies, and droop! Greatness. Also, we called a man whose phone number we found in our area book and left a message. He ended up sending us like 10 text messages worth of questions and telling us about his desire to follow Christ and change his life so it's in accordance with the teachings of Christ! We set up an appointment :)
Saturday. Everything went pretty much according to our scheduling which is rare and we had some great appointments with some of our favorite friends :)
Sunday. Got to go to church and take the sacrament. That's always one of the biggest highlights of my week. I'm so grateful for that weekly reminder and renewal of my covenants. After church we had a really fantastic appointment with a young adult who wanted to learn more about Jesus and is now busy with the Book of Mormon until our next appointment on Thursday. Also, we were able to commit one of our dear friends to pray about how Heavenly Father feels about her being baptized. I'm really excited for her answer :)
Monday (aka today). I get to email you all!!
The whole week long. I've been reading a lot and studying in/about the Book of Mormon, and can I just say I love that book?! From reading the Book of Mormon this past week I have come to a better understanding of the Lord's love for me. I know the Book of Mormon was written for our day today and I have been able to learn from the message it contains really personally applicable lessons that have helped me through the week. I am so greatful that Heavenly Father has made it available to me and I treasure the opportunity to share it with His children every single day.

Like I said, I've had some pretty incredible ups. I'm excited to see what sort of wonders the Lord has planned for us this week :)

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week where you too can find evidence of the Lord's love.

Groetjes, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment