Sunday, May 19, 2013

conference


Rebecca Hinchcliff <rebecca.hinchcliff@myldsmail.net>
Apr 8
to mejulie
Isn't conference so great?! I sure do feel the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior whenever I listen to the words of the prophets and apostles because the Spirit is so strong when they speak. Zr. Davies and I were super excited for conference and wanted to invite everyone we saw to come watch it with us. So we did :) We talked with some great individuals and families, but not a single person we met came! They missed out. However, I did have a Jewish father ask me for a copy of The Book of Mormon because he's curious about the family that leaves Jerusalem and their story, so that's pretty awesome! Also, one of our investigators came and LOVED conference. She said it felt nice and she loved the focus they seemed to have on families. Interesting since when I watched I noticed themes from my mission and personal studies. Isn't it so amazing how the general authorities prepare talks for a world-wide audience and they still seem to have really personal significance? God is so amazing :) I am so grateful for the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the blessings that come from it like a surety that God is my loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ's Atonement truly does apply to everyone, the Book of Mormon, the priesthood, latter-day prophets, eternal families, the gift of the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, temples, the sacrament, geneology, the list goes on! Oh, I am so grateful!! It feels good having a knowledge of the truth. Why aren't more people jumping out of their seats to find it? Please, please, if you have an inclinations as to individuals or families who could use or are ready to accept this beautiful restored gospel let the missionaries know! And then let them know what specific message you think those individuals and families need so we can be as personal as possible when we contact them. I can understand that sometimes it's scary to trust us with your friends and family members, but I know that everyone has a back pocket referral. The Lord has called us and trusts us, please sustain us in our callings by putting your trust in us too :)  Then pray a whole lot and I know miracles will happen! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment