Monday, July 8, 2013

I feel like I'm at the end of a race and the adrenaline for the sprint to the finish is starting to kick in...feels good.



Well, life is great here. My greenie is now training a greenie of her own as waves of new sisters start to hit the Netherlands and Belgium and I started off as the third appendage/coach of the companionship and half-way through out first week we got a mini missionary, a sister who is considering serving a mission and wanted to test it out for two weeks. Now we're an awesome four-some and get to split-off and get twice (acutally more like a bajillion times more) the work done which is pretty necessary and fun. I am just having a blast and living it up while it lasts. This next week is our last week with the mini and then I have week-and-a-half and times up! Bitter sweet life. To take advantage of the time I do have we have some super high goals set and decided to celebrate Christmas in June to call down some mid-year Christmas miracles. My goal is to leave these two wonderful green companions of mine with fire and passion for the work and a great pool of people to work with and our mini with the desire and commitment to serve full-time. The work we do here is sooo amazing and I love it sooo much! 
This last week we had a zone conference, my last one, so the other elders who are leaving before the next zone conference and I were asked to share our departing testimonies with the remaining missionaries. As I stood before everyone I was so overwhelmed with the love I have for each of them, my mission, and all the people I have been privileged to meet and help and those I get to meet in the on-coming weeks. It is such an honor to participate in this great work of our Eternal Father. I am so humbled that He has trusted and allowed me to do so for the past year-and-a-half and I feel so blessed to be given almost a month over that time. I love our God and I love His children and I am determined to bring as many of them home to Him as possible, carried in my arms and on my back if I have to. That's my plan for the rest of my mission and the rest of my life :) 
What an exciting and fulfilling commission we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, members of the House of Israel and the family of our Lord to help others recognize their worth and potential in the same great, eternal family! I love my calling and am grateful for the covenant I have made to teach and preach repentance, redemption, and faith in the Lord as I help bear others' burdens that they may be light, learn compassion by mourning with those that mourn and comforting those who stand in need of comfort, as I "stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" Heavenly Father entrusts me with, even until the day I die (and beyond, covenants are eternal) that I may be redeemed of God as I help others achieve their redemption through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism through immersion by one holding the restored priesthood authority of God, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, that we might all together have eternal life. How great is our calling! I love it and it is the desire of my heart to share it. 
I am committed (also known as converted) and know that as I go forward throughout my life to serve God and bring about His great and eternal purposes I will be blessed with His Spirit and be led. It's the promise I've made to Him and He's made to me. What a great and wonderful Eternal Heavenly Father we have! I sure do love Him and am grateful for the sacrifice of His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.  This testimony brings me more joy than anything else I've ever experienced and I know it's the same thing that will bring joy to all of God's children, our brothers and sisters. Have a great week and spread the good word! 

Tot ziens en veel liefde!!
Zuster Becky Hinchcliff
Mosiah 18:7-11 

No comments:

Post a Comment