Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept. 24th


"Hey, Zuster Hinchcliff...your dress is falling off."
Inbox
x

Rebecca Hinchcliff                         
6:16 AM (4 hours ago)
to mejulie
I wish I could say that was a part of an embarassing dream I had, but in acuality that was tactfully called out to be by an elder in my zone as we walked to the church for zone training on Friday. Fortunately my dress wasn't actually falling off my body. It was, however, bunching up and gathering around my rear end and waist as I walked. Yikes! Watch out for the powerful effects of static cling on tights, I know I will be! Fortunately experiences with siblings and wind lifting my skirts pre-mission prepared me for this one and the embarassment wasn't so zeer. Other than that revealing beginning, zone training was fantastic! It is an exciting time to be a missionary! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but some years back one of the apostles/prophets on a visit to Nederland prophesied that Nederland would have 40 stakes and a temple. Currently there are 4 stakes and a temple. Working with these 4 stakes, our mission president has come up with a plan for us to fulfill the rest of the prophecy. I don't have time to write it all out, but I feel privileged to be a part of the Lord's great gathering work! This weekend Zuster Jones and I got to enjoy some of the fruit of our gathering efforts as our friend, Sara, entered the waters of baptism, made covenants with the Lord, and received His promised gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a beautiful experience for everyone present. I bear my testimony to you that I know the Lord loves His children and has provided a way for us all to return to Him through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. As we follow Christ's example and keep His commandments we have access to that Atonement. To aid us in our efforts of obtaining salvation/making it possible, Heavenly Father gives His priesthood authority to worthy men. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where that priesthood power is manifest to the salvation of God's children and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to share that message with this pocket of the world.
One last thought before I go. At our zone training an elder shared a story of a missionary who posed this question to his companion, "Do you have the faith to move a mountain?" The companion sputtered out some answer involving "if it's God's will" but was definitely wavering in his confidence. He then returned the question to the first asking if he had that kind of faith. His reply? "I do, and I'll be the first one over there with a shovel getting to work!" This experience reminds me of a few verses in James 2:17-18:
 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."
So with that said, pass out the shovels!
Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment