Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept. 3, 2012


Here are some quick highlights from my week in Belgium:
Graapjes (Funny things)
-Met the Belgian Betty White, she might even be funnier
-Saw Santa driving a tank in Kapellen

Wonders (Miracles)
-After a lesson over the Book of Mormon, our friend, Sara, said a heart-felt prayer to know the truth. Afterwards we sat in silence for a few moments before she quietly repeated, "I know it's true," over and over again.
-For two days in a row we felt impressed to visit a particular person, and each time she wasn't home. That said, we were put in the right place to run into Noel, a man we've spoken with once before op straat. We had a long lesson with him and his wife on the side-walk and have an appointment for Sunday. Cool how the Lord sets us up to come in contact with the right people.
-We had eight investigators at church Sunday, four are people we are teaching and four are people the elders are teaching.

Well, I was going to write more about how missionary work is going here (very well), but then I received the most wonderful group of emails of my life!!! I am an aunt to the most beautiful baby girl since the creation of mankind!!! I am not just saying that because she is related to me, it's 100% true. First Melissa told me and I was like, "Well that's what you say and you're the mom so I'm not going to put a lot of stock in that..." Plus, let's be honest, most newborns are honestly ugly. That might sound harsh but it is nonetheless super true. But then I saw pictures of her and she's darling! Elizabeth Faye Rampton, the most beautiful baby girl since the creation of mankind :) And guess what?! Melissa and Kevin get to be with their beautiful daughter for time and all eternity! What a blessing and gift! Oh wow I am excited and proud beyond description!! Sorry you all don't get a "mission" email this week, but I'm a lot more excited right now by what Melissa and Kevin are doing to build the kingdom :) If their not the coolest people ever, I don't now who is. It's like one of the elders in my ward said yesterday at the prospect of one of the newly-wed couples being pregnant, "Why go out and find new investigators when you can just raise them?" Well done Melissa and Kevin :) Wat Leuk!!

Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment