Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Best Week of My Life- Oct. 22


Echt waar! This last week has been so amazing, full of inspiration and miracles.
Monday we went to Brugge with some other missionaries for P-day where we ran into some members of the church from America, a kid Zr. Jones met last week on the train who not only recognized her but was so excited to see her that before she could stop him he ran over and gave her a huge hug haha, and one of the senior couples in our mission who ended up taking all of us out for fresh waffles, mmmm! 
Tuesday we had a lot of really great Atonement focused lessons and we made contact with a friend we haven't seen or heard from in weeks! We set an appointment right then :) Haha also another man hugged my companion...
Wednesday was our temple conference so we woke up early to head to the Den Haag Temple. There we met up with all the missionaries from the Antwerpen and Appledorn Zones and all the senior couples for a session and afterwards we traveled to Leiden for a zone conference and lunch. The temple was so beautiful and being there with so many missionaries was so wonderful. Zr Jones and I are the only sisters two sisters in both zones so it was really cool to be there with so many priesthood holders. Awesome actually. At our zone conference we heard several "closing testimonies" of a group of elders that are leaving this week that I have been privileged to work with. I'm going to miss those ones. Also, I got a package in the form of a bottle, clever :) Haha the elders were so excited for me and suggested I send it back filled with Dutch goodies, like a message in a bottle type deal. Haha we'll see, but keep your eyes open ;) Oh and so you know Mom, the goodies you sent were DELICIOUS! Thanks :) There's a lot that could be said about this day, but basically it was fun, spirit-filled, and just what I needed.
Thursday we got two new investigators, had a great appointment with a less-active family who committed to come to institute and seminary this week, where able to be an answer to someone's prayer when another appointment fell through, and a member took us out for Chinese food! I ate a duck, yum!
Friday we had a great appointment with some friends over how to recognize the spirit after which they told us they could feel it, a little girl told me I was her best friend :), our weekly planning took forever because we have so many friends and lessons to plan for, and we had a really great lesson with a family over how we are all children of God. 
Saturday everything went through and ran smoothly. We were able to make  all our appointments, do some service, and go to the Saturday session of stake conference where President and Zuster Robinson gave amazing talks, both in Dutch! I was blown away by how well they did and the spirit they brought. 
and...Sunday was Stake Conference in Brussels so not only did we get some awesome spiritual nourishment from our stake, but we also got to see a beautiful new city! Also, someone one else told us we were an answer to their prayer and after meeting members of our ward and seeing us interact with our stake, President Robinson told us that this next transfer Zr. Jones and I get to  stay companions here in Antwerpen!! I am so excited! Not only is this the longest I'll have been with one companion, but I LOVE Antwerpen and was afraid I was on my way out, thank goodness I'm not!

I don't know, maybe this week doesn't seem particularly special to anyone else, but for me, it was super spirit-filled and to quote one of our spanish members, "amathing." I really felt like I was improving the lives of those I interacted with which is an incredible feeling. I love being a missionary and am really grateful for the experiences the Lord provides that allow me to build up others and in the process be built up myself. I know that I am doing the Lord's work and that He is involved in the details. I love you all and am grateful for what you do to build me up, the emails, letters, and packages you send; the prayers you say; and the work you do to build up and share your testimonies. Yesterday at stake conference one of the speakers quoted Moroni 7:27, 37: 

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have amiracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to bclaim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?...Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that amiracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of bunbelief, and all is vain."

After reading this he used examples from the scriptures and his own life to show how faith is a principle of action and that as we exercise our faith we can assist the Lord in bringing about miracles. I would like to add my testimony to that I know that miracles continue, I see them everyday. I know as you all excercise your faith, you'll see them too :)

I love you all!!! Have an amathing week!

Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment