Monday, July 30, 2012

Dear Mom,
So in this week's email you said, "The Lord put you here for this time and in this place for a reason. He is prepaing people and you must find them," well have I got a story for you!! Turns out the Lord is busy is Haarlem. Last Monday Zr. Jeffs and I were on our way to an eten afspraak with some members and Fabien when we stopped to help a woman who's fiets was falling over with her son strapped in the back. After talking for a few minutes we discovered that within the past few years she's converted from Islam to Christianity, has been praying for help to let go of her past and start over new, and (this is the best part) she lived in FAYETTEVILLE, NC a few years ago!! Can you believe that?! Heavenly Father is very aware of His children and He carefully placed us in each other's paths Monday. Since meeting her we have had one appointment and as far as we can tell she's golden. It is an amazing feeling to know I am a tool in God's plan. 
Our other investigators are doing pretty good, except one of our baptismal dates dropped us. That was heart-breaking. It's one thing to have our message rejected upfront before people know much about the gospel, but it's a whole-nother thing for someone who has been taking the lessons for a few months now to decide it's not for him. The gospel is definitely for him, it's for everyone!! This last week I've been studying Jacob 5 a lot. In verse 41 it says:
"And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more my vineyard?" 
That's exactly have I felt when he dropped us. But, I bore my testimony and followed the spirit the best I could and it was his choice. Poor use of agency in my opinion. 
That said, I know that there are people in Haarlem who are prepared and I am fullly committed and excited to helping them come unto Christ. I wish I had time to write all of our wonderful experiences down, but know that the Lord is busy in Haarlem giving us wonders everyday. And I know that if He is aware of situations here in Haarlem, He is definitely aware of your situations too and is willing and ready to help, but we have to do our part:
"And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might....and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up..." (Jacob 5:71). 
 
I love you all very much!! Thank you for your examples and keep up being the wonderful people you are :)
 
Love, Zr. Becky Hinchcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment