Monday, July 30, 2012

July 23rd


Merry Christmas in July!!!
mission
x

Rebecca Hinchcliff rebecca.hinchcliff@myldsmail.net
Jul 23 (7 days ago)
to mejulie
So as I'm sure you're well aware, tomorrow is my birthday!! Gefeliciteerd
everyone!! Turns out in Nederland when it is someone's birthday the whole
family and close friends are congratulated as well :) Isn't that great?! To
best celebrate my birthday I have decided to host a Christmas in July of
sorts complete with Christmas music and gifts for my district (tomorrow we
have district meeting). By gifts I mean two line poems I wrote for each
person on papers in the shape of stockings/gifts/trees. Why Christmas in
July? For several reasons 1) I love Christmas 2) I love the feelings surro-
unding the holiday season, everyone is so warm and friendly and service-y
and it feels good! 3) I don't want a lot of attention and focus on me for my
birthday so I want to give/share it with others and 4) In 2 Nephi 25:26 it
 says, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, and 
we write according to our prophecies..." and as missionaries that is some-
thing we do everyday, but for many people it comes and goes with religious
holidays so I decided to bring a taste of Christmas a little early to remind
them :) With members the past week we have been sharing Christmas songs
 and this scripture. Some love it, some think it's cheesy, but either way
testifying of Christ and remembering Him brings in the spirit with is a warm,
 friendly feeling.
After district meeting we have an appointment with an investigator who, if all
 goes well, will be baptized on Saturday!! Following that appointment the
 bishop's family is making me a birthday dinner!! And then we have another
appointment with a really good friend who hopefully will have a baptismal
date soon. Exciting day planned!! I hope you all take time to celebrate
Christmas/Pioneer Day/my birthday. I think a great way to celebrate all three
 will be with a candy-cane and a service activity and then even more people
would have an exciting and fantastic day!
This week has been pretty full and fast. Actually, I feel like the days are long
and packed but the week still somehow manages to zoom by. Next Sunday
we'll find out about transfers and I have a feeling I will be leaving the beautiful
staad van Haarlem. Thus, to prepare I do not want to leave a single stone
unturned (figuratively of course) which means we are keeping anxiously
engaged. But while staying busy I am trying really hard to enjoy myself and
 not get stressed. While reading in Alma 17 I found comfort/support in verses
 nine through eleven:
 9 And it came to pass that they journeyed many days in the wilderness, and
 they fasted much and aprayed much that the Lord would grant unto them a
portion of his Spirit to go with them, and abide with them, that they might be
an binstrument in the hands of God to bring, if it were possible, their brethren,
the Lamanites, to the knowledge of the truth, to the knowledge of the baseness
 of the ctraditions of their fathers, which were not correct.
 10 And it came to pass that the Lord did avisit them with his bSpirit, and said
 unto them: Be ccomforted. And they were comforted.
 11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy
brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be apatient in long-suffering
 and afflictions, that ye may show forth good bexamples unto them in me,
and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many
souls.

Ammon and his brethren had good desires, but they needed to practice
patience and be comforted. I inturpretted (sp?) this for myself as don't stress
and things will come good. So far I think I am doing pretty good at this, but
 practice makes perfect :) I am praying for you all and love you dearly.
Love, Zuster Becky Hinchcliff
Gefeliciteerd!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment