Monday, July 30, 2012

PS July 16th


Can you believe I've already been out for what 7 months?! I can't, I still feel like a greenie in the land, but turns out I'm now in the middle of my mission. I trying really hard to make sure I keep progressing and don't plataue...not going to lie sometimes it's a struggle. But I figure if I'm struggling then at least something is happening right? '
Today my companion asked what I would do if I was given a billion dollars and had to spend it all in one day. After paying tithing my first course of action would be to buy you a private jet plane with a pilot and enough gasoline to last a life-time so you can fly whenever you want to California to be with Melanie. Helelaas...someone has yet to give me a billion dollars...still waiting...But you are definitely right about the Plan of Happiness, it is definitely for us now. Sometimes as a missionary I don't feel like anything I do is really all that significant for anyone else.I feel like rather than bring other's closer to Christ, I'm the one learning and growing the most. I feel a bit selfish sometimes/frustrated because I came on a mission for others, not myself. But I know that as long as I can give an honest accounting to the Lord at the end of the day that I've done my best to serve His children then my efforts are wasted on myself. I really like that verse you shared with me in Genesis 18:14, "Is any thing too ahardfor the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the btime of life, and Sarah shall have a son." I especially like the verse a few chapters later when Sarah reacts to the Lord's timing, "And Sarah said, God hath made me to alaugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Even though life doesn't go how we plan, I am grateful for the Plan of Happiness and that even though we have hard times, we can still laugh now. I love you Mom!! Thank you for your spiritual insights, I learn so much from your example each week.
Love, your Becca Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment